Monday, January 14, 2008

This is what we do when it's not snowing
























I figured that I would post some great pictures of what we do when it is not winter around here (spring, summer, and fall). We bought a toy hauler last spring and took up motor sports. We were going to the local sand dunes about 2 times a month this last year. These photos are from our last trip down there.
Also an update:
After putting my application to be on the Search and Rescue team over a year ago, they finally called me last week. I am pretty excited about it. I have been itching to get outside of myself and do some service for something that matters for a long time, instead of just focusing on paying bills, and myself. For some reason, my church callings (though they may be many at this time), don't give me the satisfaction of service that S & R does. I have an avalanche training this week. Should be worthwhile. There have been quite a few deaths around here this winter already from avalanches. Hopefully my new acquired snowmobiling skills will come in handy, as that is what the majority of searches are for around here-lost snowmobilers.

I have one gripe, then I will be over it! We have gotten about 4 feet of NEW snow this last week here. I am in charge of coaching the Young Men's basketball team, and we had a game on Saturday AM. It was total blue skies, and all of this new snow to play on. I had friends going riding, but I could not, as I was coaching-that was painful enough. When I got to the game, we had to forfeit, because we did not have enough players! Keep in mind that we have enough players usually to field two teams. Come on parents and players! If you are going to commit to a team, at least let the coach know you or your kid won't be showing. We coaches volunteer a lot of time away from our family and from our own little freetime, which is great and rewarding when the efforts are not taken for granted. Give me a break! This weekend, I think I will just let them know that I will not be there, and that one of the parents can go in my stead. Geez.

Sorry, had to get it off my chest. Peace out, werd to ya mutha, and all that...

1 comment:

Kathy Frentheway said...

Ah, the obligations of being a grown up. It stinks at times, huh, son. Well, it looks like what you do in your spare time involves most of the family. Now, I am going to worry about you on search and rescue and you getting caught in an avalance. Obviously, you didn't ask my permission to go do this dangerous business. See being the grown up stinks. Anyway, I love you and you go have fun and help some people along the way. Mom